From version control to Features, where do you get started in making your Drupal site deployment-friendly? In this presentation we’ll take a look at what you can do throughout the development process to make sure your multiple environments play well together and keep both developers and QA testers sane at the same time. Between code, content, and configuration, each should be managed in its own unique way.
Some specific topics covered will include -
* Setup and configuration of multiple environments
* Flow of code, content, and configuration between environments
* Using branches and tags in version control
* Deploying code using version control
* Drupal modules to facilitate moving configuration into code
* Writing your own update functions
* Using drush to facilitate deployments
Erik Webb is currently a Technical Consultant at Acquia, traveling around the country advising many of the largest users of Drupal. Working with Drupal for almost 4 years, Erik is an expert in Drupal coding, best practices, and infrastructure. In addition to his Drupal experience, Erik is a Red Hat Certified Engineer and brings over 8 years of PHP programming and Red Hat administration experience. Prior to working at Acquia, Erik worked as a web application developer at IBM and systems administrator at Georgia Tech, where he graduated from in 2008.
6:15 pm - Networking
6:45 pm - ADUG Business and Introductions
7:00 pm - Presentation
8:00 - 8:45 pm - Q&A